Books and other media make for great gifts! In Episode 15 we offer 10 birthday gift ideas for kids from preschool through teen–most of them from the realms of learning and literacy. We also chat about quarantine birthdays and, of course, what we’re reading lately. Join us!
Good Night Stories For Rebel Girls
This episode is sponsored by Good Night Stories For Rebel Girls, the best-selling book and podcast (now in its third season!). Look for the podcast wherever you like to listen, and thanks to Rebel Girls for sponsoring our show!
- Perplexus Maze Balls
- Nonfiction facts and records books we love:
- Box sets of classic novel series and picture books like Ramona Quimby, Roald Dahl, Elephant & Piggie by Mo Willems, A To Z Mysteries, Dr. Seuss, etc.
- Magazine subscriptions (we love Cricket Media, National Geographic Kids, Ranger Ricks, Sports Illustrated Kids, and Highlights)
- Complete collections of classic comics, like Calvin & Hobbes, Far Side, Peanuts, etc.
- I See Me books, personalized with the birthday child’s name
- We purchased this Kodak PIXPRO digital point-and-shoot for an 8-year-old, and we also love the Instax polaroid cameras
- We love durable, high-quality kites, like this one
- I Spy and Where’s Waldo?
- We mentioned several other episodes of Kidliterate, including
- Sarah is still reading Outlander, by Diana Gabaldon, but also recommended A Week in Winter by Maeve Binchy
- Allegra is re-reading the later books in the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling
What you’re reading:
- Beth and her three kids sent us an email to share what they’ve been reading. Thanks, guys!
- 9-year-old Ryan just finished The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (the Classic Starts version) and is now reading Runaway Ralph by Beverly Cleary
- 5-year-old Toby is just getting started on the Magic Tree House series
- 3-year-old Lucy loves the Dinofours series by Steve Metzger
- Mom Beth is reading 101 Books To Read Before You Grow Up by Bianca Schulze
Email us at email@example.com – we’d love to hear from you!