Behind the books we read, the podcasts we love, the movies we watch, and the music we listen to are the methods by which we consume the media. From smart speakers to apps, headphones to charging solutions, today’s episode is all about the tech in our lives that helps us consume the media we love. As always, we finish the episode with what we’re reading and what you’re reading. Join us!
Sponsor Spotlight: Ana Luisa
Ana Luisa designs ethically-made jewelry with a conscience, with new styles released every Friday. Check out the Ana Luisa Mother’s Day sale and get 15% all products (order by May 5 in the US to gift in time for Mother’s Day!). Allegra loves these Sia earrings and Sarah’s a huge fan of the Chloe ring. Visit www.analuisa.com/kidlitmd to shop for timeless, beautiful Mother’s Day gifts.
- Our family uses Sonos speakers enabled with Google Assistant
- We love the Spotify Premium Family Plan, and we touched on Spotify Kids
- To check out ebooks and audiobooks for free using our public library card, we use the Libby and Hoopla apps
- We also have an Audible subscription for audiobooks we plan to listen to over and over again
- Allegra and Reid have Kindle Paperwhites, which we send ebooks to wirelessly
- We talked more about kids reading on Kindles in this episode
- We use Mabels Labels to stake our claim on chargers and cords
- This Fast Charging Station for Multiple Devices helps our family keep devices charged and organized
- Allegra got her latest book recommendations from an issue of The Week Junior
- Allegra recently read 11 Birthdays by Wendy Mass, as well as Shaking Up the House by Yamile Saied Méndez
- Sarah is reading Stamped from the Beginning: The Definitive History of Racist Ideas in America by Ibram X. Kendi
What you’re reading:
- Heidi emailed to share that her 2.5 year old loves Dinotopia, A Land Apart from Time: 20th Anniversary Edition by James Gurney. They also love the Narwhal and Jelly books by Ben Clayton and The Berenstain Bears books by Stan and Jan Berenstain
- Heidi herself is reading The New Jim Crow (Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness) by Michelle Alexander
Email us at email@example.com – we’d love to hear from you!