Magazine subscriptions make great holiday gifts (or anytime-gifts!), and we’re here to round up our favorites for preschoolers on up through teens. Plus we share what we’ve been reading (or, in Sarah’s case, not reading) and what YOU’ve been reading. Join us!
Good Night Stories For Rebel Girls
This episode is sponsored by Good Night Stories For Rebel Girls, the best-selling book and podcast (now in its fourth season!). Look for the podcast wherever you like to listen, and thanks to Rebel Girls for sponsoring our show!
- High Five from Highlights
- National Geographic Little Kids
- Ranger Rick Junior
- Babybug and Ladybug from Cricket Media
- Sports Illustrated Kids
- National Geographic Kids
- Ranger Rick
- LEGO Life
- Ask, Muse, and Cobblestone, all from Cricket Media
- Allegra is reading Artemis by Andy Weir
- Sarah is STILL reading The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kid, but shared a tip about checking out different types of books from the library–things like cookbooks and home decor books
What you’re reading:
- Cora, age 7, is reading Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls, Volume 2
- Lucy, age 5, is reading a Nancy Clancy Super Sleuth book
- Alice, age 4, loves Amanda Pig stories right now
- They are all into chapter book series like Rainbow Magic Fairies, Never Girls, Magic Tree House, and Whatever After
- Mom Erin just started The Searcher by Tana French
Kristen, Katie and Caleb wrote to us back in the summer, and shared what they were reading then.
- Katie, age 11, recommended The Summer I Saved the World . . . in 65 Days, by Michele Weber Hurwitz
- Caleb, age 8, recommended Time Castaways #1: The Mona Lisa Key by Liesl Shurtliff
Email us at email@example.com – we’d love to hear from you!