Need some new ideas for family games and board games? We think it’s helpful to have a few that take a LONG time to finish and others that can be played quickly. In this episode we talk about the merits of both long and short board games and offer a few of our favorites in each category. As always, we wrap up the episode with what we’re reading and what YOU’re reading. Join us!
Good Night Stories For Rebel Girls
This episode is sponsored by Good Night Stories For Rebel Girls, the best-selling book and podcast (now in its third season!). Look for the podcast wherever you like to listen, and thanks to Rebel Girls for sponsoring our show!
- Our episode about board games and family games for all ages
- Long games we like:
- Short games we like:
- Sarah is reading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- Allegra recommends all the Gordon Korman novels (which we talked about in audiobook form in this episode) and recently finished Schooled
What you’re reading:
- Cora, age 7, is reading Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls, Volume 2
- Lucy, age 5, is reading a Nancy Clancy Super Sleuth book
- Alice, age 4, loves Amanda Pig stories right now
- They are all into chapter book series like Rainbow Magic Fairies, Never Girls, Magic Tree House, and Whatever After
- Mom Erin just started The Searcher by Tana French
- Jackson, age 8, is reading Baseball Pals by Matt Christopher
- Ida, age 5, loves 5-Minute Peppa Pig Stories
- Their mom Marna is reading The Light in Hidden Places by Sharon Cameron
Email us at email@example.com – we’d love to hear from you!