Family movie night doesn’t have to be for fictional tales only–we love a good documentary or documentary series in our house! With so many kids spending more time at home these days–and even learning remotely–we thought we’d round up a list of good documentaries for preschoolers through tweens and teens. Join us!
Good Night Stories For Rebel Girls
This episode is sponsored by Good Night Stories For Rebel Girls, the best-selling book and podcast (now in its third season!). Look for the podcast wherever you like to listen, and thanks to Rebel Girls for sponsoring our show!
Links we discussed:
Documentaries we discussed (and a few more we forgot to mention!)
- March Of The Penguins
- Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey
- Pick Of The Litter (film, series)
- Walking With Dinosaurs
- He Named Me Malala
- PBS Great Performances: Hamilton’s America
- Disney+’s documentaries (also includes National Geographic)
- Bricks In Motion
- Bethany Hamilton: Unstoppable
- Free Solo
- The Dawn Wall
We are part of the Amazon Affilates Program, which means if you click through one of our Amazon links and make a purchase, we earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks!
What we’re reading:
- Sarah finished The Chicken Sisters, by KJ Dell’Antonia (out in June, but pre-order available now)
- Allegra is reading Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods by Rick Riordan
What you’re reading:
- Clara, age 11, recommends Double Identity by Margaret Peterson Haddix, and The Strangers (#1 in the Greystone Secrets series) by the same author
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – we’d love to hear from you!